From: Andy Matthews [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 8:36 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Flex 2 and Ben Forta

Actually, yes, I do think that $1200 for the server is excessive. Seeing
as
how CF is the ONLY language that makes you pay for the engine.

PHP = free
ASP = free (with the windows OS)
Java = free ( I beleive )
Perl = free
Python = free
Ruby = free

Are you seeing a pattern here? I personally LOVE Coldfusion and I'm not
complaining about it at all. But I do think that it should be free, not
because I don't see a value in it, but because I want CF to proliferate.
It's such a great language that if it were "free" LOADS of people would
be
using it. Because WHY NOT? It's powerful, easy to use and fun.

andy matthews
web developer
ICGLink, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]