> But one can get CF hosting accounts for a very
> reasonable rate these days, albeit not free.

Good point...perhaps Adobe should consider setting
up some free hosting accounts with basic CF features,
to allow students to use CF *publicly*...I think a development
version is a waste of hard drive space, except for those
who are developing for production.

No students wants to develop and then not be able to
show off his work...

The key is to get new developers in the door and I think
the best "breeding ground" for developers is in the colleges.
I remember being in college and there were times when
it wouldn't have been possible to pay for hosting...especially
an account that provides CF.

And yes, I think there are free CF accounts (?), but how many
college kids know about them?  Adobe should start a massive
outreach program to provide free accounts for verifiable students.

Hosted at Adobe...free students for registered, verifiable students
who want to see what they can do.  They develop portfolios
and free components for the CF community because they can
afford to work for free and have time to kill.

Give 'em the goodies at first and they'll pay for them later once
they're hooked...how do you think crack sellers work?

Rick