From: Smith, Daron [PA] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 8:46 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CF MX 7 and DB2 connection timeout

We recently moved our web site to a CF MX7 box.  Ever since we
occasionally get the following error "Error Executing Database
Query.[Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][IBM][iSeries
Access ODBC Driver]Communication link failure. comm rc=10054 - CWBCO1047
- The iSeries server application disconnected the connection"
In the log files this is always preceded by the following error message
""Error","jrpp-1375","03/02/06","19:01:00","PSEA","Error Executing
Database Query.Timed out trying to establish connection"  This message
happens 1-4 times and then the ODBC driver is unavailable until I
restart the CF ODBC Server.
Has anyone else experienced this scenario on CF and DB/2?  Is there a
way to automatically restart the ODBC server when this happens. Or is
there another solution to resolve this issue?  Even verifying the
datasource in CF admin fixes it.  It seems to be that CF stops trying if
it gets the timeout message until the ODBC connection is refreshed?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Daron Smith
PS I think my boss is thinking this is a good justification to go to
...Net