Gareth,

I'm in the same boat you are.  Especially after reading a blog entry by
a prominent figure in the CF community, where the complaint was given
that simple changes to a framework based site were /not/ simple.  You
had to modify a few different files just to make a simple change.  Kind
of goes against the "makes modifications easier" argument.

The biggest reasons I see for using frameworks are:
-code reuse
-flexibility
-maintainability
-documented code

I can make my applications adhere to the above principles, /without/
using a framework.  However, I'm eagerly awaiting any responses from the
framework crowd, as I'm still sitting on the fence.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. A1.