Hi all,

I'm trying to get a COM-called-instance of Excel to quit... so far no
luck. It just stays there in my task manager laughing at me, also in the
task manager when I try to end-task it, it doesn't and returns an error
'Unable to Terminate Process, Access is denied'.

I use the following code:
<cfscript>
  myExcel = createObject( "COM", "Excel.application" );
  myExcel.Quit();
  myExcel = '';
</cfscript>

I've tried it with and without saving and closing workbooks.
Now, I did stumble upon a possible solution on some google-found page
which mentions using the GarbageCollector in VisualStudio but I'm not
sure that is a possibility here since we're talking coldfusion 5 (don't
ask why i'm not using cfmx+, it's not an option, the customer doesn't
want it).

They use this code:
Private Sub StartandStopExcel()
  Dim mseExcel As Excel.Application
  mseExcel = New Excel.Application
  mseExcel.Quit()
  mseExcel = Nothing
  GC.Collect()
End Sub

Does anyone know of a way to get rid of excel (or a way to contact the
garbagecollector from CF5), my current solution is to just use one excel
instance and keep reusing that (using the application scope) But the
coldfusion seems to crash on this method now and again.

Thanks,
Mingo