From: Nick Han [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 10:56 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: cfajax vs ajaxCFC Question.

I have used both of these APIs in my test environment.  I think they
both work well.  There are pros and cons in choosing one over the other,
and most of these issues I encountered were minor.  For instance,
ajaxCFC is easier to set up, but the thing I don't like about it is the
passed parameters are transformed and received as array arguments by the
CFCs.  As for CFAJAX it is more work to set up, I like the fact that
arguments are received by functions the way there have been passed by
the calling page.  So you keep variable naming in tact for
self-documenting and easy debugging.  Also with CFAJAX you can't use it
within CFC framework.  So there's a mixed bag of good and bad between
the two.

I am about to pick one of these APIs and use it in my production
environment and I want to hear your opinions from those of you who have
used it extensively.  I would like to hear your advice on what to watch
out for under each and which one would you recommend if you have worked
with both.  Thanks.