I did something rather similar to what Casey did in my CMPro CMS.  User
is presented with an interface and can build their form using it instead
of coding.

Main table holds form description data (form type, page form is tied to,
whether form is secure, pass/fail values if its a test-type form)

Child of main table holds form field data in individual records.  Field
type, length, maxlength, results encrypted or not, selected/checked or
not, default value, field alias (allows plugging in custom code when
processing results) etc.

Child of form field table holds form field options.  This is for a radio
button group, or a drop-down list.

Child of the main table holds the submitted form data for later review
within the system.

Doing this sort of thing is quite a complex process.  You don't see too
many code-free form builders due to the sheer amount of legwork it takes
to make the things, I think.

Hope this helps,

--
mattRobertson