Bryan,

Another option is to use a combination of cfsavecontent and the
HtmlCompressFormat UDF from CFLib.

http://www.cflib.org/udf.cfm?ID=812

--
 [The HtmlCompressFormat] function is useful to reduce download time of your
entire webpage. Client's will load pages noticably faster. Also very useful to

Code is very useful in the fusebox 3 methodology, wrap this around your
#fusebox.layout# variable to compress the html output.

Code works on 3 levels of compression, and can easily be customized for more or
different ways.

Level 1: Replaces excessive spaces with no side effects.

Level 2: (default) Removes more blank space but keeps html tags from wrapping
into each other, so the code is still readable (maybe even more so)

Level 3: Replaces all comments and any spaces possible, the side effect is
space between html tags is removed, so alignment changes are possible.
--

The #2 setting should give you what you would like, as in

<cfsavecontent variables = "variables.compressedOutput">
etc. ...
</cfsavecontent>
<cfoutput>#htmlCompressFormat(variables.compressedOutput, 2)#</cfoutput>

hth,

larry
--
Larry C. Lyons