> Well, I was assuming that he could buy the product (or
> download a trial)
> and the source would be there.  Of course, they may have encrypted it.
> But my guess is it wouldn't be too hard to get your hands on
> the product
> to at least take a look before spending a bunch of money on a lawyer.
> However, Bud may just want the company to stop, and a cease and desist
> letter may suffice.

Well, I looked into the site, and it looks like it's a hosted shopping
cart.  So to check out the source, one would have to sign up for an
account, and then hope the source code files are available when you
login.

However, I haven't looked at Bud's license, so I'm wondering if it's
even illegal for someone to do this.  It's similar to buying an engine
diagnostic machine and then selling a tune-up service.  In most cases,
that is NOT illegal, but again it all depends on the license.  Also, you
have to keep in mind that licenses don't always give you legal
protection.  There are consumer protection laws and case law for
business, and these take precedence over whatever stuff you may put in
your license.

[INFO] -- Access Manager:
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in
error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its
entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.  Thank you.   A2