From: Dru Whitledge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 12:34 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Death to .ldb !!!

If anyone else is working with MS Access you've probably had the same
annoying experience!!

I often have to swap backed up databases (.mdb files) and if I've been
using the old database that I want to copy over -- there is always a damn
.ldb (file / record locking file) in the directory that prevents me from
overwriting the old database.

I know how to cure this problem on the web (make a dummy query to a
nonexistent table in the same database) but that technique doe not seem to
work on my hard drive? I usually end up, annoyed as hell, having to re-boot
to be able to delete the damn thing off.

Does anybody know of a simpler way to dispatch this pesky little .ldb file
-- without rebooting?

Thanks,

Dru
the body.