This excellent answer from --

Matt Stueve <<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Emily B. Kim <<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<excerpt>Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 11:00:33 -0600

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: Dru Whitledge <<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: NCCFUG: Death to .ldb !!!

Thanks Emily Kim and Matt ,

The Flush.cfm file works like a champ, but I now also know how to avoid
the problem altogether in setting up the ODBC connection (never noticed
that was there).

Thanks again, (is this a great list or what?)

Dru

<smaller><<cfoutput>#cfusion_dbconnections_flush()#<</cfoutput></smaller>

<smaller>Call it from a browser and you should be fine.</smaller>

<smaller>You can also avoid the problem all together by un-checking
"Maintain Database Connections" in the administrator.</smaller>

</center>

At 10:43 10/5/2000 -0600, you wrote:

>dru - go into the ODBC connection in CF Administrator and look at the

>access odbc connection in question. choose to see  more information
(button

>on the lower right side of screen) and then uncheck "maintain database

>connections." you might have to restart your CF services. also, i've
found

>that Studio also holds on to the database if you've used the database
tab.

>you might have to close down studio and reopen it in order to get rid
of

>that connection (or stop and restart the RDS service. -emily

>At 10:31 AM 10/5/2000 -0600, you wrote:

>>If anyone else is working with MS Access you've probably had the same

>>annoying experience!!

>>I often have to swap backed up databases (.mdb files) and if I've
been

>>using the old database that I want to copy over -- there is always a
damn

>>.ldb (file / record locking file) in the directory that prevents me
from

>>overwiting the old database.

>>I know how to cure this problem on the web (make a dummy query to a

>>non-exitant table in the same database) but that technique doe not seem

>>work on my hard drive? I usually end up, annoyed as hell, having to
re-boot

>>to be able to delete the damn thing off.

>>Does anybody know of a simplier with to dispatch a pesky .ldb file --

>>without rebooting?

>>Thanks,

>>Dru

>>303 666-7665

>>--

>>nccfug :  Northern Colorado ColdFusion Users Group

>>List Coordinator: Robi P. Sen ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

>>http://www.nccfug.com/

>--

>Emily B. Kim

>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>--

>nccfug :  Northern Colorado ColdFusion Users Group

>List Coordinator: Robi P. Sen ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

>http://www.nccfug.com/

</excerpt>><<<<<<<<