From: Rick Faircloth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:14 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: Desparate! Anyone know what this error code means?

Good morning, all...

This is totally OT, but I have not been able to get an answer to this
question, yet.

I've been getting an "Error 114" when my system boots up (Intel Motherboard,
IDE boot drive, SATA data drive,
P4 2.8 HT, 1 GB Ram) and it says to press "F4"
to enter setup, but I don't know what Error 114 references, so I don't know
what it's asking for or what it means.

I just press F4, then esc the BIOS dialog and the system boots normally.
(Except for the fact that I've tried two different DVD burners (both
Pioneer) and both work for a short period of time, then the system says it
loads the drivers for them, but the hardware is not operating.

Right now, I've disconnected the DVD burner from the system.  I'm using
LANDesk Client Manager for the system and it says all is well...

I've searched everywhere for information, but found none.

Thought I'd tap into the collective wisdom of the list...

Anyone have any idea?

Rick