It could be like someone said.  You are only calling stat when your id
is blank.  But again, if you are doing a cfcatch (I don't see that
here), and dumping the URL string, you should not get this error.
Unless 'stat' is some kind of reserved word in CF5, or something like
that.  You might also look at the useragent string for these errors.
Maybe it's a specific browser/os that is causing the error, because it
doesn't pass URL parameters correctly.

[INFO] -- Access Manager:
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in
error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its
entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.  Thank you.   A2