On 3/16/06, Jason Rogoz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for stress testing software?  The
> programmer before me created an application using the fusebox architecture
> and i'm experiencing high server load with 20-30 users which does not seem
> like it should be happening...or does anyone have any ideas on what to check
> to see what is drawing all the server resources?

I'll suggest first that you make sure (assuming FB 4.0+) that the
fusebox.xml.cfm got switched over from test to production mode --
that's an easy mistake, though one you may have looked at. That
basically kills all the framework caching built into the FB framework.

But that aside, I'd suggest either openSTA or Grinder from the open
source world. I like Grinder better, but it is scripted in Jython (the
Java port of Python) which might be a problem for implementing
something quickly. You might also consider on the Windows side, the
pretty reasonably priced Webstress tool from Paessler --
http://www.paessler.com/webstress.

Or if you've got 15-30k lying around, Empirix and Segue produce good tools :)