Here's an odd question...

I'm using CF 401(on windows98 with WebSite Pro - this is my dev machine)
and while I'm able to get cffile to perform the write for a file I need to
create, one thing I've noticed is that it creates the file with the
attribute of 'system' by default.

Here's what I'm using (mind you, it does work - mostly):

<CFIF #FileExists(OUTFILE)# IS "Yes">
     <CFFILE ACTION="Rename"
         SOURCE="Quiz#FORM.Course#.cfm"
         DESTINATION="old_Quiz#FORM.Course#.cfm"
         ATTRIBUTES="Normal">
</CFIF>

<CFIF #FileExists(OUTFILE)# IS "No">
     <CFFILE ACTION="WRITE"
         FILE="#OUTFILE#"
         OUTPUT="#TXTOUTPUT#"
         ATTRIBUTES="Normal"
         ADDNEWLINE="No">
<CFELSE>
     <CFFILE ACTION="APPEND"
         FILE="#OUTFILE#"
         OUTPUT="#TXTOUTPUT#"
         ATTRIBUTES="Normal"
         ADDNEWLINE="No">
</CFIF>

The problem comes in when I'm trying to use the rename action. The file is
created (I verified this by checking the directory where I told it to write
the file), but for some reason (maybe because it's created as a system
filetype?) CF cannot find the file in order to rename it. Is there some way
of forcing CFFile to create a file as a truly normal file?

TIA

Judith Taylor
Webmaster
http://www.busybobbins.com
ICQ: 67460562

Freelance ColdFusion Developer

This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation
has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more
efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future.
                                             ------ Adolf Hitler, 1935