Don't know if this helps, but I this is from a comment by cf_Amir on
livedocs:
"If you don't specify a TIMEOUT, the execution is asynchronous. A new
thread is spawned to do the work, and there is no output written to the
screen nor the variable when outputfile are not provided.

So, if you want output on the screen or variable make sure you provide
the TIMEOUT attribute."

Also, is this maybe a permissions issue?

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. A1.