From: Rob Wilkerson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:51 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: jvm.config corrupted by CFMX Admin

The problem, I've been told, is that some setting are hidden and
others shown in the CF Admin and the parser that checks for the args
to hide/show is expecting a particular order.  What I've been told by
Adobe folks is to completely avoid the problem by editing the
jvm.config by hand and not relying on the Administrator.

On 3/30/06, Chris Norloff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We've now observed CFMX Admin corrupt jvm.config in two different
ways, preventing CFMX from running. (CFMX 7 and higher, on Solaris 9)

> 1) Editing JVM min. and max. sizes in CFMX Admin can corrupt
jvm.config, preventing the required restart. We've also seen the jvm.bak
backup get corrupted. Manually editing jvm.config works fine.

> 2) Entering a path in "ColdFusion Class Path" in the Java and JVM
section of CFMX Admin. When we pressed Submit, CFMX said it would have
to be restarted to accept the change. We postponed the restart to a less
busy time. However, within 1.5 hr. CFMX apparently read the change,
attempted to write it to jvm.config, corrupted jvm.config, saved a
corrupted version in jvm.bak, and crashed.

> Thoughts:
> - manually backup jvm.config before making any changes to the Java and
JVM section of CFMX Admin.
> - don't "pre-position" any changes. If CFMX needs a restart, do it
then to confirm it'll be accepted.