That might be true if the error handler was specified in the CF
Administrator. If the error handler is specified with cferror then I
don't believe that's possible. Reading over his post again I realize
he didn't say where the error handler was specified, and my tendancy
is to assume cferror (I don't like the fact that the site-wide error
handler in the CF Administrator can't be overridden, so I don't like
using it.) But compile errors also throw a different set of error
messages and right now you and I are just guessing. So Mike, I guess I
should have asked you to provide more information about the errors you
were seeing. :) If you can post the error message we might be able to
give more helpful advice.

> It was probably a compilation error. Since Application.cfc
> runs on
> every request, the bad method would have failed to compile
> on every
> request, triggering an error.

> On 3/31/06, S. Isaac Dealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I wouldn't expect it to mean that... I'd have to get a
>> closer look at
>> your application, but it sounds like you'd have had the
>> onSessionEnd()
>> method being called manually somewhere in your
>> application.cfc like in
>> the onRequestEnd() (which would explain why you get the
>> error on every
>> request), but when it's called manually that way the
>> session doesn't
>> expire, it only executes the code in that event. I would
>> be really
>> surprised if it actually expired in each request,
>> although I suppose
>> it could in theory if you set your session timeout to a
>> really low
>> value like 1 second for instance.
>>
>> > Thats what I thought, Isaac but how come this happens
>> > I have an
>> > application.cfc on one of my sites, where the
>> > onSessionEnd() method
>> > had an error in it, and my error handler was sending me
>> > message that
>> > there was an error on every page view.
>>
>> > I know i shouldn't have had an error in that method,
>> > and i
>> > fixed that
>> > ok, but i was surprised that i was getting an error
>> > notified every
>> > page view.
>>
>> > That doesnt mean the session was ending each page view
>> > does it?

s. isaac dealey     434.293.6201
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with