Has anyone successfully used Coldfusion to connect to a modem and retrieve a
data stream that the remote modem sends?  I have been assigned a new project
of creating a scheduling application and my company uses ADP time clocks.
(Currently being read by a program called E-TIME)

The ideal scenario would be to have Coldfusion run a scheduled task to
initiate a modem to call another modem at a predetermined time and collect
all data from the remote time clock (modem).

Any help would be greatly appreciated (even hypothetical's are welcome at
this point) and if this cannot be done with native CF is there any other
options such as Custom Tags, etc?

-Brian-