Another way that works alright is to create a template in word, put a
special char in each label, save it as RTF (plain text w/ formatting info),
and modify the RTF text prior to sending it to the user, replacing the
special char with whatever you want in the label.

Not as nice as the table method, which I had always been afraid of due to
different browser rendering stuff, but I guess that's silly now. Kinda.