Alan Rother wrote:
> I've seen this issue with other Java based image editors.
>
> This comes mostly from Photoshop CS, and usually from a Mac. There is an
> option to embed a color profile into your jpgs on export. If you do this,
> then for some odd reason java can't properly read the image.
>
> I've never found a java based solution to the problem. I usually have to
> open the images in Photoshop and resave them without the embedded color
> profile.

I don't feel so bad if that's the case :)

I'm guessing that the image type returned by java ends up being
TYPE_CUSTOM then, which it cannot handle.

If *THAT* is the case, then imageCFC handles it by returning the
following trapped error message:

        The image format or subformat cannot be modified by
        the image.cfc component.  For example, RGB format PNGs
        are not supported, even though indexed color PNGs are
        supported.  Technical detail:  The requested image was
        of type java.awt.image.BufferedImage.TYPE_CUSTOM.

That's actually part of the readImageFromFile() and readImageFromURL()
methods in the CFC.

The old image.cfc written by Jim Dew that is packaged with CFFM does not
handle that, and probably does generate an exception.

rick