From: Donovan Rittenbach [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 06 October 2000 16:11
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Oracle Cold Fusion $1 million dollars

First of all, thanks for all the great advice on oracle and cold
fusion integration.

Secondly, Oracle is THE database company.  That is how it got to be
the 2nd largest software company in the world(microsoft 1st, veritas
3rd).  Oracle 9i, which was showcased at Oracle Openworld here last
wednesday, is quite amazing, at least according to the demo.  :o)

Its performance was so fast in fact, that Larry Ellison said that
he'd pay $1 million to anybody who could show a Microsoft database
performing anything less than 3X slower than an Oracle database.
Plus they are super integrated with Solaris, which is always highly
appreciated for those concerned about the enterprise level.

Has anybody heard about SuSE's integration with Oracle?  They are
supposed to be the leading Linux flavor supporting it.

Can anybody comment on MySQL speeds compared to SQL Server and Oracle?

BTW, on the topic of which, anybody seen Google?  Of course.  Damn
that site is a fast loader and responder!!!

Donovan
Donovan Rittenbach, M.A.
ph: 415-331-9110 ext. 402
fx: 415-893-1128
icq: 36547420
Neko Media is a premiere provider of web based applications
designed to make your website an integral part of the way
your company does business.
the body.