> I did a little application using session variables.
> I did a signout page that killed the session, but I also
> wanted some code that killed the session if the browser
> was closed. I got this from Forta's book:
>
> <cflock timeout="20" throwontimeout="No" name="#session.sessionID#"
> type="exclusive">
> <cfcookie name="CFID" value="#session.CFID#">
> <cfcookie name="CFTOKEN" value="#session.CFTOKEN#">
> </cflock>
>
> This code worked fine, and killed the session when I killed
> the browser.
>
> However, I changed the design and moved everything into a
> POP-UP window. Now when I close the pop-window the session
> is not killed unless i close the window that spawned the
> pop-up window. I found this very strange seeing that the
> page/code that spawned the window was outside the
> application.cfm code.
>
> Is it possible to kill the session when i close the pop-up window?

Browsers spawned from the same window, such as popup windows, share the same
cookies as the browser from which they're spawned, and vice-versa. So, you
can't simply close the popup window and have the cookies disappear. What you
should be able to do is to have a JavaScript onunload event for your body
tag within the popup window call a page on the server which explicitly
deletes the cookies, as well as have JavaScript delete them client-side. Of
course, if the user simply clicks the close button, you might be out of
luck.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496