From: Dave Carabetta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 1:51 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Why is there query.recordcount with non-SELECT queries?

On 4/19/06, Jochem van Dieten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Russ Michaels wrote:
> >
> > No, only selects return a recordcount.
> > Although SQL does return a message about how many records are
> > updated
>
> Maybe some implementations update the diagnostic area with that
> information, but returning a count of the number of records affected
> is not part of the SQL specification. More importantly, it is only
> part of JDBC 3 and CF uses JDBC 2.
>
> Time to visit http://www.macromedia.com/go/wish/

Jochem, I'm having a hard time believing that you might be incorrect
;) , but I believe CFMX's drivers uses the JDBC 3.0 spec. The latest
available drivers supplied by Adobe for ColdFusion are 3.5, and, according
to DataDirect's site, "All of our drivers support JDBC 3.0 specification
features that greatly increase developer productivity and make for more
robust applications.":

http://www.datadirect.com/products/jdbc/why_choose_jdbc/index.ssp

Am I wrong?

Regards,