Next time it comes up I'll create a recipe.  It's only when I'm doing
complex dynamic creation of queries, and then trying a query of query of the
query I created.  I don't think that it's anything preserveQuotes would fix,
and I haven't tried re-writing the generation to use cfqueryparams... I
could filter it though a cfqueryparam-er next time and see what happens
there tho.  Hmmm... really just an edge case, I'm thinking- if it's anything
at all, as noone else has run into it. I know the generated SQL is valid, I
can cut and paste the same string into a 3rd party query thingy and it works
fine.  The mysterious doubles only happen within the cfquery tag itself.
Odd...
:DenNy