I'm going to have to do some serious thinking about this.  Performance on
the mailer is a lot slower than I'd like, and I suspect its because I'm
using evaluate.  Here's what happens:

1) Customer saves their message content, which might look something like:

Dear #firstname# #lastname#:

Blah blah blah

2) When they approve the message for sending, I queue the messages as:

MessageID (referencing the previous message)
MemberID (referencing the member tables which contain all the information)

It then cfloops through each memberid, using evaluate to put in the correct
member information, and generates personalized emails.

I'm not the strongest programmer in the world, so this took some time to
work out.  Biggest issue is I'm shortly taking on a much larger customer
than I've dealt with before, so mailing sizes will increase from 20-30k per
mailing to upwards of 200-300k messages.

Problem is, I have no way of knowing what the message content will be before
its sent, nor which variables the customer will choose to use in a
particular mailing (they have about 45 fields to choose from). Hmm.