Not sure what to tell you.  I usually get null pointer exceptions when
the constructor for a custom java class fails.  My first thought would
be that something changed in the feed definition XML and maybe it's
throwing off the selected items.  Clearly something changed between
the time it worked and the time it stopped working.  If you didn't
change any code then the best guess might be the feed itself.

Is there any way to investigate that?