Rob,

>Thanks for the info, Dan.  We have projects in the queue to move to
>categories, but like all queues, we won't get to it until we get to it
>(or until someone makes is a /much/ bigger priority than it is right
>now).  I was hoping to find a quick fix.  I'll take a look at what I
>have in the way of locks and any of your other suggestions.

I'm in a similar boat. It really seems unless you had a very basic Verity
setup (1 or 2 collections) then you really need to re-write things
specifically for CFMX 7.

I've had to try and do a bunch of things to offload processing in the
background just to make things look like they're working faster--when in all
actuality, they're just occurring asynchronously in the background.

When you have a lot of collections and are doing multiple indexes at the
same time, Verity seems to really slow down. That's why I recommended doing
things in sequence.

-Dan