SendFailedException: 550  is more a local mail server thing than anything...
Even though testing messages sent from coldfusion administrator might work.
I would expect when you attempt to send a message from an individual website
using coldfusion your mail server doesn't want to relay the message. Doesn't
know why domain.com would want to use it as a smtp server because it doesn't
know that IP address.

You might want to look into the communications between the site ad mail
server and make sure you can send messages through without athunacation or
you could set the username and password up in <cfmail>

Casey