> The batch file just contains:
> type 1.txt >lpt1:
>
> Sadly, I'm seeing nothing hit the printer.  Does anyone have any idea what
> the issue is here please?

Is it possible that lpt1 is mapped to something on a network, rather
than a local printer?  Do a NET USE at a command prompt to see what
mappings are there.

Also, you are outputting html to send directly to the printer...I
don't know of a printer that would interpret that...it would most
likely just print out the html as-is.  You may need to convert your
HTML to PS (which there are scripts out there for doing...I've mainly
seen perl and PHP based ones, though).  Or the printer may have its
own printer control language that you could "reproduce"...I've seen
some specialty printers like this in the past (thermal ticket
printers, actually).  If you have the driver for the printer
installed, you might try setting the printer driver to print to file,
then examine the resulting file that it outputs...it may be something
hackable....then that could be sent to the print queue using your
batch file.

--
Jim Wright
Wright Business Solutions