I think they probably never really got the point of my initial support
request. I haven't tried cfstoredproc yet because none of my clients sites
use it, but there is definitely a problem with cfqueryparam, and sql server
on my account at least. but The following query

<cfquery name="qryTest" datasource="#app_dsn#">
        SELECT *
        FROM tblSites
        WHERE intSiteID=<cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="6">
</cfquery>

Fails with the following error

Error Executing Database Query.
[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]EXECUTE permission denied on
object 'sp_prepexec', database 'master', owner 'dbo'.

The error occurred in <snip>: line 34

32 :    SELECT *
33 :    FROM tblSites
34 :    WHERE intSiteID=<cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="6">
35 : </cfquery>
36 :

Its clearly a configuration issue on their end, but I am sure cfstoredproc
will probably also fail. Like I said in an earlier message, I am going to
submit another tech support request about it and reference this thread along
with some of the other blogs about cfqueryparam, and Sean Cornfield's blog
on their ColdFusion hosting in general.

John