From: Michael Traher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 8:09 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Generic CF form handler

A word of caution on this path. Part of our team embarked on a similar idea
some months ago. To take the drudgery out of form creation and make forms
adhere to various standards.  They produced some custom tags that when
combined would render a form including js validation and was also partly
database driven so that the labels could be in multiple languages.

All sounds great, but the reality was that the custom tags slowly became
more and more complex to cater for more and more form layouts and
peculiarities and combinations of form fields and special validation etc.

Eventually using the custom tags required more knowledge and time than to
create the form from scratch, and debugging some problems became almost
impossible.  So it was scrapped and slowly removed from live code it had
found its way into.

Not saying yours will be the same, just sharing our experience. :-)