Tuan,

I believe the suggestion I made earlier would work for you.

-mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Tuan Tran [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:15 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: URL Structure

I do already have a disclaimer page.  Lets say I have a page called
content.cfm and a page called disclaimer.cfm.  The user will use a CMS tool
to write the content for the content.cfm page.  They have no control over
the layout of the page (headers, navigation, footers, or anything like
that).  Using this tool, the user creates the content and creates any links.
The user does NOT see any HTML at all.  The CMS tool does everything for the
user.

Now when a user creates a link in content.cfm they prefix any link with
http://mysitename.com/disclaimer.cfm?destination=

For example a link a user might enter into the CMS tool might look like:
http://mysitename.com/disclaimer.cfm?destination=http://someurlhere.com/disc
laimer.cfm?destination=http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=healthNe
ws&storyID=12037965&src=eDialog/GetContent

So the disclaimer page is displayed first before redirecting the user to the
intended link.

What my disclaimer.cfm page does now is extracts the value from the
destination url variable and a javascript then redirects the page to that
value.  But it doesn't work when there are multiple URL parameters in the
destination URL, like in the Reuter link above.

I'm trying to find a solution that would allow the disclaimer.cfm page to do
all the work of extracting and creating the redirect link correctly without
having the user do anything different on the content.cfm page.

I hope this clears up my problem.  I really don't know how else to explain
it.