Michael,

I have actually had problems where the data type caused a problem. I was
building a query based on "score", all of which were of type "Integer"...
When dumping the query, all values were numeric... However when sorting on
the column, it would throw errors about trying to sort on non-numeric types.
If I stopped sending in the Data types to QueryNew(), worked perfect.

This is the line that was causing the error. If this line didn't get called,
the sort worked fine:

<cfset REQUEST.SearchQuery[ "score" ][ REQUEST.SearchQuery.CurrentRow ] =
  Min(
    (
       REQUEST.SearchQuery[ "score" ][ REQUEST.SearchQuery.CurrentRow ] +
       Ceiling(100 / ArrayLen(arrCriteria))
     ),
     80
   ) />

This line only gets called if there is an ArrayLen()... Score always
defaults to zero... I can't see anyway for this to return anything but a
numeric value. Yet, if I comment it out, the sort would work fine. There was
not code afterwards that would be affected by it (no conditional logic
affected by my commenting out the line).

And like I said, if I look out the data type passing, works great.

Seems like a bug to me.

Ben Nadel
Web Developer
Nylon Technology
350 7th Avenue
Floor 10
New York, NY 10001
212.691.1134
212.691.3477 fax
www.nylontechnology.com

"You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking
skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills."
- Napoleon Dynamite