> I've got a killer cell phone that allows me full internet
> using Pocket PC. I'd love to be able to do remote development
> on one of my servers without having to use the remote desktop
> feature. Does anyone know of a pocket PC app that allows
> that? If not, I'm going to have to see about dusting off a 10
> year old CF program I wrote for remote development. :)

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "remote development". If you mean the
ability to connect to a remote desktop, there is a VNC client for Windows
Mobile. There was at one point a pcAnywhere client, but I don't think this
is available now. If you mean the ability to connect to a remote shell or
filesystem, there are plenty of ssh/telnet/ftp clients available. I'm not
aware of any text editors that directly invoke these clients to remotely
manipulate files, or that include the clients themselves.

In my experience, as a Windows Mobile user since the iPaq 3600 was
introduced, I wouldn't want to use them for remote CF programming - they're
simply not optimal for that. I use mine as a wireless modem with my laptop,
which I find to be a much better working environment.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/