> > As part of my job I frequently go on site with customers
> > that need help. I see anything from code without any
> > framework to FuseBox 4, from in-house designed Fusebox
> > look-alikes to Model-Glue. Some of it implemented well,
> > some of it implemented not so well. And it is really
> > very simple: if they use any of the well known frameworks,
> > I am productive before the morning is over. If they don't,
> > it can take who knows how long before I can make heads or
> > tails of their code ...
>
> You seems to be implying that if you don't code with a
> framework you've got undocumented, unstructured spaghetti
> code.  Admittedly, there is a lot of the latter out there.

Unfortunately for Jochem, the places that are most likely to require his
help are also the ones most likely to have a mess o' spaghetti waiting for
him. That's generally been my experience as well, although the
implementation of specific frameworks hasn't made much of a difference in my
case - I've seen my share of bastardized Fusebox sites where their
Fusebox-alikeness hasn't been any help at all.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/