From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 8:47 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: What do you use to capture a video frame?

As it turned out,  the HypersnapDX that Patric suggested wouldnt capture the
video image either.  Just like all the other capture mechanisms I'd tried up
to that point, it captured anything on the desktop EXCEPT the content of the
video.    Which is what i wanted in the first place.

So here's what I ended up doing:

I used right-click/ Open with ...   and tried a few programs,  none of which
would capture the image i needed.  All captured anything BUT the video.
I used right-click/open with ... and chose Internet explorer.   It opened
the video and I was able to capture it by using Alt-PrtScrn  (anyone
forgotten what those keys are for?    it copies a window or the whole
desktop to the clipboard, to be pasted into some other program).

I pasted the result into a new image in fireworks, then cropped off all the
bits of the desktop I didnt want, reduced the size of the image,  exported
it as a jpg and used it in my  content management system.

If anyone wants to see the result, it's at
http://bluegrass.org.au/index.cfm?pid=111454     WARNING:  content includes
banjos - view with adult supervision.   It links to a 3.5minute video done
with flash video.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month