Steve Brownlee

My best attempt at a skeleton gateway for your TrimaDAO...

Thanks, that looks very helpful.  I am still playing with the basic bean and
DAO, should get to the gateway part shortly.

If I understand your example correctly, the gateway supplants the dao when one
is working with multiple beans.  If true, that clarifies a big confusion for
me, where I was trying to imagine a gateway using the DAO object somehow to
create multiple beans or something.  It was not getting me very far.

SO for a simple master - detail - add-update piece of an application.  One
would probably have a bean.cfc that describes the basic concrete object.  A DAO
for crud options with the bean data and a database, and a separate gateway type
object when one wants to read multiple beans from the database.  I presume one
would not often, if ever, use a gateway for insert and/or update operations
since one very seldom does that against multiple rows.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.