The easiest way for most web pages is to create an alternate print CSS
stylesheet.

Look at your web page, and figure out what elements should not be
included on a printed version of the page. Look at what elements
should be included on the print version of some pages, and not the
print version of others.

For example, on some of my sites, I get rid of the topnavbar,
lefnavbar, right ad column and all banner ads from the print version,
and add the username of the person printing to the page. I also add a
"from www.website.com" line at the bottom of the page.

I include a separate print stylesheet that sets all of these objects
display properties, lower than the screen stylesheets. (and in some
cases, change the width property of items).

<link href="/images/styles/print.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
media="print">

Does this make any sense, or help at all?