At my last job, we started backing up to a rotating pair of USB 2.0
external HD's. It worked perfectly. We would switch them out on Monday
AM, with last weeks going off-site and the other one coming in. The
backups were done with Ghost and they were so handy! We'd have one new
image for every day and you could use them as a whole image or get into
them to pick and choose. We even had to use them once for a full restore
and a couple of times for partials or for the odd file or folder restore
and it was the coolest backup solution. Easy, reliable, fast... I really
liked it.

--Ferg