From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:23 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Access Connectivity Issue

Can anybody point out avenues of investigation on why a simple query to an
access database located on a network fileserver takes 1/10 of a second to
run on one CF server and ~20 seconds to run on a second?

Query:
<cfquery datasource="ISINV_TEST" name="Testing" debug="yes"
result="metrics">
        SELECT *
        FROM Equipment
        WHERE smfid = 102619
</cfquery>

UNC Path in Access DSN definition:
\\Nasserver-01\PC Applications\IS Inventory\dev\is inventory.mdb

When I run this from my workstation machine it takes about 1/10 of a second.
When I run it from the development box it takes about 20 seconds.  I've
tried to verify that every thing is the same between the two systems and I
can not figure out why the difference times.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any attachments is for the
sole use of the intended
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete any
copies of this message.