Google A. Breakdown:

Yeah it's great if your looking for savings against going the route of
Omniture or Webtrends but it's not as intuitive, well it is in some sence,
it can tell me the version of flash someon it running, Nice!!!. More setup
work on your campaigns ahead of time is the worst part about it. I'm going
to give one example because outside of this Google Analysis is great and a
good fit for most websites. I can't even guarantee this is a good example
because I don't sell anything anymore. Just my experience from having access
to Omiture for a multi-mil account and what Google is providing. I'll bypass
the setup of commerce applications because it's a pain in the ass either
way. Slightly easier in Omniture but it's a one time deal when you add it to
your e-cart nun-the-less....

I'd be more interested in the time it takes to setup a campaign.

I might be wrong here. I'm just going off what I see... No true testing
going on!

Example:

You have a product your selling:
You send out your email campaign with a tracking link to your product page.

Omniture:
>>Add a unique tracking link as part of the url. - Meaning your just write
it out at the end of your URL?campaignid=BlaBla-Sale
>>Track your sales - Full Funnel

Google:
>>LOGIN TO GOOGLE!!! Bigest step here!
>>Modify your Goal Settings:
>>Goal Settings: G1
>>Add the details of the tracking stuff.
>> Define Funnel (optional) - Umm, not in this case because you would like
to track from an email campaign so you will have to set an entry point so
this works correctly.
>>Track your sales - Full Funnel

If this if off base, let me know. I'd like to maybe blog about this on my
new google/notebook  hahaha...

Casey Dougall