OK, I went to Qwest and Sprint for starters...

After much digging (had to download their pdf user guide) I found that Qwest
uses [EMAIL PROTECTED]

As for Sprint, I was not able to find their email to text address, nor even
if they offer that service.

So, from that short survey, it would indeed be a something of a large PITA
to figure out all the telecoms' email to text addresses -- as there are
maybe a dozen or so just in the US -- which brings me back to using a
service such as the one Nick suggested originally.  I'll keep the list
posted as to any other telecoms' email to text message capabilities.

>From what I understand Europe is way ahead of the US in telcoms' services
(at least coverage) as they use satellites rather than land based relay
towers.  Also I read somewhere that US telcoms are very restrictive in
allowing content to be distributed over their networks, in other words they
want to be in charge of the content rather than letting anyone distribute.
However I think that is loosening somewhat.

-- Josh