>That wasn't the question. The poster made a statement that news reading,
>web browsing, word processing, etc were faster on Linux. I replied that it
>might be faster in character mode apps, but not with X (in my experience).
>
>Has nothing to do with the web server. I don't use X at all anymore,
>myself.

No, the point I made is that I have found a large number of applications,
both desktop (web browsing, word processing, etc) and server applications
(sql servers & httpd) to be much faster on Linux to the extent that my linux
box is of a lower spec than my nt box and still of comparable performance.

I considered it to  be strange that Coldfusion would be an exception to this
rule.

--
Gavin Lilley
Internet / Intranet Developer