Just thought I would say some things:

On 2 Jun 2006, at 19:32, Steve Brownlee wrote:

>>> 1. The large box for extended search/replace.
> Exist in limited fashion in Eclipse.  Only capable of doing single
> line
> extended search/replace.
This is true, and I am looking into the search API.

>>> 2. The split  directory / file view... I rather dislike the
> dreamweaveresque view of everything one left in one loooooooong
> window.
> Does exist in CFEclipse.  It's the File Explorer view.
Been there for a long time, you can also get used to the "loong"
windows by using the "Go Into:" feature that just zooms straight into
that folder, hell you can even open another instance of eclipse for
that so you can alt+tab across different sites, like having multiple
version of homes**te

>>> 3. The right-click on a CFInclude and option "Edit included
> template"...
> Doesn't exist.

Yes it does, you can even write <cfinlcude template="../
notexistent.cfm"> and then right click and do an edit/create and it
will create the file for you in the right place

> 4. The ability to CTRL+SHIFT+TAB through the different tabs of
> homesite
> (not sure if eclipse can do this).
>>> Does exist in Eclipse.  Customizable to any keystroke.

Eclipse has it and its even better, you can go back through a history
of files you edited to their edit points, by doing alt+ arrow left or
arrow right.

> Now if I wanted to spend the time to go over all of the features that
> Eclipse/CFEclipse has over clunky old HS or Studio, I'd be here all
> day.
> If these are the only features holding you back, I'd urge you to
> re-evaluate Eclipse once again.

It is difficult for people to move over because they are used to a
feature set, and getting used to another is hard.

The problem is that I dont want to add features to CFEclipse *just*
to replicate HomeSite in Eclipse.  CFEclipse should help you edit
ColdFusion and implement Best Practice and there will be even MORE
features soon for you to do that.

MD