From: Eric Roberts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 04 June 2006 01:03
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CF Studio 5

Homesite was originally designed for non-cf developers.  It was also used by
non-developers because it has a great interface.  HS+ was a bit of an
appeasement to the CF developers MM lied to when they trashed cf studio
after assuring us they wouldn't.  As far as open source goes, don't assume
that I don't see the trend.  I just don't like or agree that it is better.
Why is it that if I am not doing my code in some bloated text editor that I
am not really coding?  I would say the opposite is true.  If you can't do it
in notepad, then you don't know how to code.  You shouldn't rely on
crutches.  I make a lot of use out of the Jakarta Apache projects open
source code.  Like I said...most of the open source stuff is
inconsistent...most does not mean all...  If open source has won out, why
does MS and non-open source Unix have the greater market share?  In my 8
years of cf development, I have only run into 2 shops that use any open
source software in their production environment.  That doesn't sound like a
win for open source to me.

MMMPMMA,
Eric