You need to CFHTTP the feed your after. Don't grab the WDDX version but the
ColdFusion WDDX version. They've created a separate feed to "overcome a bug
in ColdFusion." I'm not exactly sure to what they're referring, but oh well.

Here's some code from a site I'm working on right now site. I had to
condense it a little since I actually store the news feed in the Application
scope and only refresh the query every hour. Hope this helps.

By the way, a custom tag was recently added to the Allaire Tag Gallery for
just this purpose. It probably simplifies the code substantially.

<cfhttp
        url="http://p.moreover.com/cgi-local/page?index_health+cf"
        method="GET"
        resolveurl="false">
</cfhttp>

<cfwddx
        action="WDDX2CFML"
        input="#CFHTTP.FileContent#"
        output="qry_GetHealthNews">

<h1>Health News</h1>

        <cfoutput query="qry_GetHealthNews">
href="#URL#">#Headline_Text#</a></div>
href="#Document_URL#">#Source#</a> -
#DateFormat(Harvest_Time, "dddd mmmm d yyyy")#</div>
        </cfoutput>