Heya, all,

Here's hoping there's a way around this - though I'm not terribly
optimistic. Here's the deal:

I just set up SQL server (6.0 - I know it's old, but it's the only copy I
have at the office, and if I want to get them to upgrade...well, you all
know the drill!) on a spare machine, set up a database for my testing /
learning / etc. fun, and mapped the shared SQL drive from my workstation
(all of this is NT 4.0 sp6 networked). So far so good.

Then I went to create the datasource in CF administrator, failed, then
had the "duh, I need to set the web folder up first, since the datasource
isn't in the default spot!" moment. So I opened up Personal Web Server
and attempted to set the SQL server data folder as an alias so that I
could map the datasource.

Problem is, PWS will apparently only allow you to alias things on a local
drive.

Does anyone know what I can do from here? Is there any way to work around
that, or is this a case of "if you want to do that, you have to do that
through another web server" sort of problem. I'm guessing that PWS is
designed to only work locally and I'll have to work with something else
here, so any and all advice is gleefully accepted!

Thanks in advance everyone. well, off to searching the MS website...

Cheers,
james