For any kind of high volume, you will definitely want to do this on the Web
server level, on IIS with ISAPI Rewrite (http://www.isapirewrite.com) or
similar, or on Apache mod_rewrite. Both fairly easy to setup and configure, and
can do what you're asking, with zero change to your CF app. Much more flexible,
much more scalable.

My 2 cents.