I am in the process of leaving my firm in the next few months and I have not had much
time for documentation but need to start doing it....I have quite a few large
litigation management case apps/tools and could use something like what Larry is
talking about.....any takers?

Eric
Meagher & Geer, PLLP

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 10/09/00 06:09AM >>>
I recently ran across a developer who had written a suite of CF apps that
were inter-related - literally dozens and dozens of CF pages.  He was
preparing to turn this app over to someone else as he was about to leave
the company.

His method for 'documenting' the app was to print off all the pages, insert
into a 3 ring with tab seperators each one of which summaried each of the
10-15 areas of functionality.

I started wondering what tools people used for documenting and searching
suites like this.  In C++ and Java there are class browsers which are
frequently useful in learning about a system.  In C I have used tools like
cscope, which allows me to generate a giant cross reference listing of all
the variables and where they are used, making it very easy to look at
where side effects may be occuring, etc.  And of course there is lint,
which allows me to feed in a number of related C modules and find out
whether all the interfaces match, etc.

Are there similar tools available for ColdFusion?  Tools that go beyond
Studio to provide additional checking, cross referencing, discovery, etc.?
--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>